Home Ra Material Light Color Sound Numbers Solar Activity Healing Psychophysics Alchemy Consciousness Earth Changes BioEnergetics Links Books Global Meditations Workshops Events
The Basic Characteristics of Numbers
Interpreting their meaning in your life and environment
*Excerpts from Numerology: Key to Your Inner Self
Numbers can be seen as archetypes. Every human characteristic is represented in one of the nine cardinal numbers which represent nine archetypal qualities present in each of us. These nine numbers not only symbolize specific archetypes, they also represent the nine stages of development we must all pass through in order to complete our growth cycle.
The following is a brief summary of the characteristics of the numbers 1 through 9
* The 1 is the most independent, unconventional, and individualistic of all numbers. It represents the beginning, the source, the innovator, the originator, and the uniqueness of the individualist.
* The 2 is the most gentle of all numbers, and represents cooperation, diplomacy, and tact. It is a supportive number and often plays the role of advisor.
* The 3 is the most playful of all numbers. It is creative, inspirational, and motivating. Self expression and communication are it's central qualities. It is a happy-go-lucky number; both optimistic and enthusiastic.
* The 4 is the most practical of all numbers, with a sharp eye for details. It is orderly, systematic, methodical, precise, reliable, dependable. It does what it says it will do...is honest, trustworthy, and without artifice.
* The 5 is the most dynamic of all numbers. It is persuasive; a promoter and a salesperson par-excellence. It is versatile and adaptable...an experimenter and explorer. It is bright, quick-witted, and a straight shooter with extraordinary reflexes. It can be easily distracted with a love for sensual pleasures and immediate gratification.
* The 6 is the most loving of all numbers. It is harmonious will all other numbers, and is committed, caring, sympathetic, protective, and nurturing, as well as responsible, self-sacrificing, and undemanding. It is domestic, marriage and family oriented, and community conscious. It is the teacher and the healer.
* The 7 is the most spiritual of all numbers. It is the seeker of truth, and is mental, analytical, focused, contemplative, and meditative. It is the accumulator of knowledge and wisdom, and the intellectual and abstract thinker. It is insightful and understanding, self-oriented, and often withdrawn. It is the scientist, philosopher, preacher, scholar, and sage.
* The 8 is the most result-oriented of all numbers. It represents the balance between the material and the spiritual world. It is powerful, ambitious, and money conscious...yet generous. It understands money as a tool. It is the leader and the business person. It is understanding, forgiving, and broadminded.
* The 9 is the most humanitarian of all numbers. It is effort and sacrifice without the need for reward. It is giving, sharing, loving, and caring. It is the statesperson, politician, lawyer, writer, philosopher and idealist. It is worldwide consciousness, genius, and a synthesizer.
These are double digit numbers such as 11 and 22. They are called Master numbers because they possess more potential than the other numbers.
* The 11, for example, is the most intuitive of all numbers. It represents illumination; a channel to the subconscious; insight without rational thought; and sensitivity, nervous energy, shyness, and impracticality. It's potential for growth, stability, and personal power lies in it's acceptance of intuitive understanding, and of spiritual truth...rather than logic alone. 11 is the psychic's number.
House and Telephone Numbers
The numbers in your environment should not be ignored. One of the most important is your house number. It foretells the kind of events and experiences, both positive and negative, that you will likely encounter during your stay in that house. No one number is better than another, although you may want to avoid house numbers that reduce to a Karmic Debt number, such as 13, 14, and particularly 16 and 19. (For more information about Karmic Debt numbers, refer to Numerology: Key to Your Inner Self) A house with a Karmic Debt number will undoubtedly attract the attributes of that number to the people who inhabit it.
The house number is much more important than the street name, the influence of which is felt by all the individuals living in that street, and is therefore not as personal.
Similarly, your telephone number gives an indication of the contacts and communications that are channeled through this number. The area code and the first three digits are negligible for the same reason a street name is unimportant. However, the last four digits of your telephone number are yours, and yours alone.
Understanding Your House and Telephone Numbers
To understand your house or telephone number, it helps to have a good understanding of the nine single-digit numbers in your environment.
First, add the digits together and reduce them to a single-digit number. Pay special attention to possible Master numbers and Karmic Debt numbers.
For example, a house number 3+4+1+7 = 15... and 1+5 = 6. Six then is the single most important number, and would, taken by itself be a good number for a house occupied by a family with children, because it is a family-oriented, domestic number.
There are three layers of information to be found in this delineation. First, contemplate the number 6, which is the sum of the individual digits. Next, look at the double-digit number of 15. This reveals that, in this case, 6 gives high marks to individualism and personal freedom (1 and 5). Finally, consider the individual numbers.
All things begin in the vibrational world. Your name is an outward sound that radiates from your soul.
Your Expression number is derived from your full name at birth, meaning your first, middle, and last names. (The name on your birth certificate.)
The individual letters of your name are all assigned a specific single-digit number. Each letter given a number according to where it falls in the alphabet: The letter A is a 1, B is a 2; and so on through the letter I which is a 9. J is a 1, K is a 2...and so on.
Total the letter/number values for each name, then for the full name (first, middle, last). Look at the components in the same way you contemplated your house number.
This article is intended only as a brief overview. For more information I suggest reading the book Numerology: Key to Your Inner Self by Hans Decoz.